We aim to provide a happy, caring and inclusive environment where children strive to be the best that they can be.
Our vision is that children leave school with:
- A passion for learning and an enquiring mind,
- Moral values, tolerance and mutual respect,
- High self-esteem founded on a sense of resilience, determination and aspiration to achieve,
- An understanding that everyone is a learner and every experience is a learning opportunity,
- The skills needed to prepare them for the future and their life-long learning journey.
We value the partnership that exists between school, parents, governors and community and the parts they all play in realising this vision.
Working together the Howes Community created our school values. These values help every member of the community to ensure that we all work together to ‘be the best that we can be’
Friendship is making new friends, playing with each other hand having fun.
Inspiration is when you are inspired to do something no matter what the circumstance.
Responsibility is about taking care of everything and each other.
Respect is if someone is hurt or in trouble- help them, be kind and treat them how you would want to be treated.
Excellence is doing your best in everything to be the best that you can be.
Teamwork is all about working together and sharing ideas.
Equality is treating people the same but knowing that everyone is different.
Courage is when you try to do something you never thought you could achieve.
Caring is being kind and making sure that everyone is happy and feels safe.
As part of our Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) curriculum, we promote the fundamental values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.